McLagan has built relationships with over 50 firms in the U.S. and London through our real estate survey programs. These relationships, coupled with our additional coverage in Asia Pacific, have allowed us to provide the broadest global coverage of real estate investment management focused pay analytics.
Whether your firm is focused on core real estate, opportunistic or liquid REIT securities, our industry focus, ongoing client work, and proprietary study data allows us to frame each consulting project within the context that’s right for your firm. While the scope of our consulting varies, we are skilled at working with firms to:
- Benchmark competitive pay levels and practices and related human resource issues.
- Design annual, long-term and sales incentive plans.
McLagan provides real estate firms with the following three types of consulting assistance. Examples of recent engagements are provided to illustrate our range of experience.
- Performed a competitive assessment for a large European bank's real estate investment management business. The project included benchmarking twenty select senior executive positions globally.
- Benchmarked pay levels for one global and four regional CEOs of a subsidiary global real estate investment management firm.
Incentive Plan Design
- Provided plan design advisory services for a leading global real estate investment management firm. Review included analysis of annual cash compensation, co-investment and carried interest programs for real estate investment professionals within the U.S., Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
- Performed a market practice study analyzing annual, long-term incentive and carry / co-investment practices for 16 of the top global real estate investment management firms.
Pay Advisory Services
- Provided year-end trends and market pay practice commentary for three separate compensation committees at large global real estate investment management firms.